Saturday, February 12, 2011

Succor

Love is proved not in ease, but in times of trouble, and fair-weather friend is no friend at all when the strength of love and happiness is measured by the weight it can bear.


Succor

Now let me be your ease
and erubescent glow
or sunny summer breeze,
too reticent to blow,

but keen enough to set
a kiss upon your cheek
and obligate a debt
of one, alone; I seek

that you would let me be
your baluster and bond,
the bastion of your plea
through ages and beyond,

to undergird your grief
and fortify your peace;
I pledge you a relief
of adamant increase.

1 comment:

Kindred Spirit said...

"A friend loves at all times." No matter what. This is another beautiful poem, and I hope that you will continue writing for many years to come. May God bless you and your dear ones.