Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rest

Sometimes, I grow tired of constantly moving, yet never moving forward. I don't believe the things I want are overly ambitious, but somehow the distance between where I am and where I want to be always seems so great. In my heart, though, I know that these things would never make me truly happy. And to be fair, I could not possibly be happier than I am now.


Rest

A little space is what I seek;
a little space, no more;
a shelter from the manic week
behind a modest door;

a breath of time to pacify;
a tender breeze to stray
across my notions, all awry,
and limber limbs, asplay;

and silence, silence over all
to carry me to rest;
a respite from the teeming squall,
and I will find me blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "teeming squall" = "your wife"??
GROWL.

Cartesian Quies said...

I have no wife.

Gee.

Anonymous said...

That's because "a poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman." Perhaps if you'd hone in your gaze like an ordinary man, you'd see the woman you've been waiting for.