Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Soul Maintains a Smile

What good is it to worry about all the things we cannot control? Do your best in those which are given over to your will, and leave the rest to the mercy and foresight of God, Who is a far better architect of the future than you or I.


My Soul Maintains a Smile

My soul maintains a smile
at the fickle path of fate,
as I walk an endless mile
and arrive forever late,

for to worry is levy
I cannot afford to pay,
when the happiness is heavy
that would see me worn and grey

and a pauper, with a pittance
of the wealth that men revere.
I would rather a remittance
that is not so dim and drear,

to escape the earthly measure
we have made prosperity,
where my solitary treasure
finds me joyful and free.

2 comments:

joaquin carvel said...

i can't tell you what a gift this is at this moment - exactly what i needed right now. truly. thank you.

Cartesian Quies said...

Thank you, Joaquin. It is good to know my poems have a meaning beyond my own little life.