Saturday, September 12, 2009

Early to Rise

I'm getting used to early mornings, once again. I love them, but they are a hard habit to keep up, unless compelled. It has been a wonderful Summer, in every sense of the word, but it feels good to be bringing some imperturbable order back into my scattered life.


Early to Rise

I fear no trepidation
upon a sudden morn,
nor reckon on creation
to loose its herald-horn,

when all is barely painted,
a canvas brightly spread
and virginal, untainted,
by early hand or head,

then I, alone, awaken,
but only in my heart,
to reap the earth, retaken,
my solitary art.

2 comments:

joaquin carvel said...

this reminds me of waking up at 4:30 in the morning for one of my prior jobs - always easier for me to get up and go when it's still dark - once the sun is up, i feel the early more. with trepidation.

Cartesian Quies said...

Yes, there's a wonderful potentiality to early mornings that is, unfortunately, lost as soon as the sun is up. I wish I woke up early more often than I do.