Monday, February 11, 2008

Golden One

I'm too tired to provide a full analysis for this poem. It's about contentment, and having something greater than yourself; greater than the world, in fact. Enjoy.


Golden One

Golden one, now lay my head
upon your shoulder bare,
and whisper sleep into my ear
with soothing strands of prayer.

Then in my dreams you will arise,
though different than you are;
your smile will be the crescent moon,
each amber eye a star.

Your hands will rest upon me
in the wind that wanders by,
and rain will spring from heaven
with each teardrop that you cry.

Your face, the pure and pale dawn,
bathed in the morning light;
your voice, the simple silence,
cloaked in deepest black of night.

In everything I’ll see you
and then everything hold dear,
and with each glance and footstep
I will search to draw you near.

So with your arms of earth that
hold the ocean, take me home,
and give me a safe harbor,
that I nevermore need roam.

No comments: