Saturday, September 29, 2007

Bring My Love Back to Me

This is one of my favorites, though not necessarily because it has any underlying significance. I just enjoy the cadence and imagery. The beach? It is definitely not on the East Coast. Most likely, it's somewhere in Southern California. And the girl? I'll leave that one open.


Bring My Love Back to Me

I drew us a day
in the sand on the beach,
up above where the waves
of the white waters reach.

And I thought we were safe,
in the grass and the spray,
with the clouds up above
keeping watch as we lay.

Then the wind, like a thief,
came and blew you away,
and so suddenly it
was the end of the day.

And I looked all around,
but the sand was wiped clean.
Not a mark there remained
to show where we had been.

So I sit and I wait
in the sand by the sea,
as I sing to the wind,
bring my love back to me.

No comments: